Monday, March 31, 2008

11 more days

perhaps i should stop counting down and let it run down on its own.

no, i think that'll comfort my life, for the time-being. haha!

ok, updates then ...

Saturday 29/03/2008 - shopping at Garden City. i thought i shouldn't have gone as it was a complete waste of time for me. i didn't buy anything and i didn't see anything i like in particular. well ... i've nothing to do at home that day, so i thought i might as well make a trip down with the rest. otherwise, i'd have been left alone. haha.

i must say that the shopping malls here are pretty big, but they are very much similar to one another. having the same shops and supermarkets and departmental stores. really nothing to 'wow' about in the context of shopping. and so we went home after that followed by an evening jog. that ended my day.

the following day was not as boring, as 5 guys (justin, gj, franco, desmond and myself) went out for lunch at a Viet restaurant. my very first encounter with Viet food, and the raw beef and beef balls noodles soup i had was the best noodles soup i've ever had thus far in my life (i'm referring to food i eat outside as nothing beats the cooking of my mum and grandma, haha!). previously it was tom yum soup, but the beef stock was flavourful, strong in taste that went very well with the lemon, beansprouts, mint and the chewy stick noodles. it looked like thai beef noodles soup, but they differed from the star-shaped-like herb you'll find in the thai beef noodles soup. 9/10!

it was then followed by shopping at Emma's (a popular asian grocery store in Northbridge, Perth) and impromptu suggestion of going to Harbourtown by Justin. i know you want me to mention this justin, admit it. haha! but well, i thought it was nice as all of them bought something for themselves ... while i was struggling to find a big and nice bag that suits me. that trip ended with grocery shopping in Woolworths and back to the hotel.

met up with Aunt Eileen, her parents and Uncle William that night. we had chinese food in Northbridge (that's really where u find all the good asian fare in Perth). that was good too! i especially like the deep-fried egg-plant rich in the fragrance of butter. it's crispy on the outside, rich on the inside. that dish alone scored a perfect 10 from me. we also had jellyfish pork trotters (sliced) as entree, stir-fried garlic brocolli, wasabe infused ... gu lu yok (sweet and sour pork ... yes more pork) and the claypot braised glass noodles with mushrooms and prawns. the latter was smooth in texture and the prawns, ohh so fresh. that was 8.5/10 from me though as i'm not a big fan of glass noodles. haha. that whole meal will score 9/10. haha.

so the day ended with me, justin and zul not being able to sleep well at night due to some inherited sleeping disorder (ISD) a.k.a. Irritating Snoring Disturbance. justin had to move to the living room and sleep on the floor as he found me sleeping on the bed in the living room as well. sorry man~ and thanks zul for waking him up and stopping him which then put me back to sleep in my own bed in the room. i'm not exactly annoyed by the snoring, i don't blame that person for it, but what was disturbing was that he actually played his nintendo DS when we're trying to sleep, tapping loudly on the screen and not even bothering to turn off the volume. that's last night, i really hope that this doesn't happen again or i'm afraid that even apologies will not save the friend-ship (some people will understand why i italicized those words. haha!)

ok, for this week ... Luis (my supervisor) will be flying off to US to join Erwin (the Ph.D student that taught me and supervised me when Luis was busy) for an Immunology Conference in San Diego. that will mean freedom to me from friday onwards. i'll be getting my last week off to maybe do some shopping for myself, and for you people.

will update again come whatever, so stay tuned =D.

No comments: