Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Year 1 - Sparks Of Love

Year 1 - When stones are rubbed together ... (or sticks on logs)

Often when you find yourself part of a large clique like mine, seeing friends get along extremely well and eventually ending up as couples is just as common as ordering teh peng when a Kopitiam lady approaches you while you have your favourite plate of roti prata (or is it just me???).

This clique of mine is of course, not left out from this all natural occuring phenomenon. I guess it is an instinct of a man (or wo-man) to take a quick glance at the people they meet first time, and when one catches your attention, you can't get your eyes of her, or him. Well, there are others of which you won't even tend to notice, and there are some you refuse to take notice of. No, I don't mean ugly people, they just don't stand out enough like those that caught your eyes do. Perhaps it's more of a habitual behaviour of a human-being, since we're constantly on a lookout, and not suddenly presented with images so pretty that mounts a reaction.

I have not much idea how the 2 couples in our clique became, well, couples, but this is my recollection of how it all happened.

The first one I am going to talk about is an animated-animals lover that can only go close to animated ones and others that move will send her screaming at the top of her lungs and this tall, then skinnier, guy that has a strong mind and opinions of his own, confident and outspoken.

Their friendship, if I'm not mistaken, began with a magic trick. Herself, Sabrina, Lawrence and I were hanging around the outside of the class when this guy came along and started chatting with us. I believe Jun Rong was around too. It was then he took out his deck of poker cards and pulled up some tricks that well, like all magic tricks do, amused us. We all clicked well, and he soon became part of our clique.

The rest of us started taking notice of the 2 of them during our very first (or second??) chalet trip, and many of them were raising suspicions, excluding myself, I swear. It was not only after someone who told me before I started taking notice. And sure enough, the two of them were declared a couple soon after. Now, being still together, a good friend and a buddy in the clique of mine, are still as loving as ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
As for this other one, their getting together was not at all sudden and many of us were already speculating and betting that they would eventually do so, which obviously, they did. It happened when we had a clique outing somewhere, in fact, many outings everywhere, and the 2 of them were always walking far behind, enjoying a little time between themselves. At times, they would get lost among the crowds of people, then appearing after we gave them some wait.
Correct me if I'm wrong, they got together before the one I mentioned. It was quite soon actually, a matter of months, probably weeks, but I am not too sure and I don't know when's their anniversary, which some people in the clique actually do. Same goes to the one I talked about. Similarly, though it appears that they are always on loggerheads with one another, they are doing fine and having the longest-lasting relationship I have ever known.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
That are the 2 couples we have in our clique of 12 people. The rest of us, no doubt, will sincerely bless them to accompany one another at every 'this moment'. Whatever happens in the future is not for us to know, but whatever is happening now is for us to relish, remember and store in our memory lane. And yes, their memory lanes =D.

No comments: