Sunday, June 11, 2006

enlightenment. haha

hey hey hey. another sunday afternoon. rain in the morning, shine in the afternoon. not bad. but i'm not going out agn... boring la. some1 pls ask me out!! i dun mind even if it's for 30 min, for lunch, for dinner, for chess, for kopi or for roti. haha. yea, cus not working today, feeling not dat well, catch a cold and still having some cough, so disturbing. perhaps all due to insufficient rest. haha.
yea, currently watching some buddhist-teaching vcd with my mum. haha. i dun care if u're a free thinker, christian, muslim or hindi, i'm still goin to tok abt this. i'm not goin to brainwash u oso, i'm not a devoted buddhist too. jus wanted to share some of the meaningful things the monk shared with fellow buddhist followers.
yea, the monk, or we address them as 'shi fu' as my mum taught me to, said this, "hate cannot be addressed with hate, it can onli be reduced with love; blood cannot be washed away with blood, but with clear and clean water, it can." yea. haha, some reflection to do ya. y ppl express so much hate for a certain person or a particular issue, and not trying to understand 1 another's predicament and try to accept/change the outcome, instead of wining and moaning which cant help but add on to ur own misery.
jus to share with ppl hu read this, my grandpa has been complaining much abt my cousins... haha, and my mum is trying to tell him kids are liddat, u need patience to teach them, instead of scolding them for no particular reasons. aniwae, my cousins are both boys, a 7 year old and 1+ year old. i agree that they're annoying la, sometimes, cus the elder one keeps complaining and the younger one keeps crying. i noe it's tough on my grandpa to teach and guide them, but they're still young ya. he's always comparing them to my sister and i, and my other 2 cousins. well, tink dat's not gd lor... i've asked him not to compare liddat, cus it'll do more harm to my cousins confidence. the elder one is in pri 1, and he looks so deprived of confidence. he can dislike his father for all he wans, for i detest him too, but kids still need to be raised, they're innocent ya, y put them into dis bad situation where they onli have bad childhood to look back to when they grow up. y not let them grow up thinking that i have such a great grandpa and grandma that guide me thru my life, pick me up when i stumble and support me in watever i'm doin. they're my greatest mentor. i wan to be lyk them. isnt dis better? i noe my grandparents did not do this on purpose, they're jus frustrated with the kids' parents -- my aunt and her husband. hopefully my grandparents will change ba. for they raised me and my sister, and we still tink that other than our own parents, they're the nxt impt ppl in our lives.
haha, aiya, wadeva it is, i hope my cousin can oso understand y my grandparents are liddat. my grandpa sometimes oso tok to me abt them, not dat he hates his own grandchildren, in fact, he loves and care for all of us. he oso said that these 2 cousins of mine are very 'dong shi' at times, and he really appreciates that. well, i guess no one will realli hate their own children or grandchildren. tho tired after looking after them for a long day, i believe my grandpa will still look back, how i've raised them from young till now, seeing them grow up day by day, when they learn to walk, learn to talk and learn to eat on their own. ya. haha
well, different ppl tink differently la. haha. if u're interested in watching dat vcd, let me noe ya? u can ignore all the amitabha thing, but jus listen to the reasoning the 'shi fu' talks abt. it's pretty interesting oso la. dat's wad i do oso, jus listen, no harm. i can ask from my mum and lend it to u =D. haha.
it's term break now, enjoy all u can !! take care ppl!

No comments: