Friday, April 17, 2009

Carefree, Jobless Life

After a whole lot of procrastination, I decide to start blogging. I know it is not a long period since I stopped updating, I have gone missing for a longer period than this before. This post will be something a few of us bloggers in the class have touched on, or planning to do so. Splitting this in parts will help me in spending my free time away, and at the same time, let this acts as a build-up to our Graduation Day on the 27th May 2009.

Prelude
It started off with anxious O Levels graduands attending the Results Day in their respective schools in the Feb 2006. What seemingly to be a confident young man during the O Levels Examination period became a some what worried, at times timid, student.

My name was mentioned when the Principal announced students who had scored a total of 6 As. My form teacher (then Mdm Kavita) congratulated my performance in O Levels and wished me well in my future endeavours. Looking at my results, I was glad. Confused at the same time.

To me, Secondary School was a load of fun, hardwork and company. Throughout the 4 years, I had make acquiantances that I have not forgotten till date, and still very much in contact with a few close ones. Some, regrettably, were just class- and school-mates in name. I took part in a CCA which then, I felt, was my greatest achievement, but my involvement was minimal to the extent of just a mere player to make up numbers, I thought. Still, it inculcated an interest and habit in me to regularly workout and keep myself in a healthy state of mind and body.

With that set of results, my friends persuaded me to join them in JC. Being a stubborn person, the more people persuade, the more I would not like to go with the flow. Time and again I rejected their constant persuasion, if persuasion was what they intended. I chose my path to enter a Polytechnic.

Which Polytechnic then should I choose? A pact was made with a few guys to enrol into Ngee Ann Poly, so we would have the usual company and join the same CCA. Many heeded the pact, while I secretly chose Singapore Poly as my first choice. Perhaps it was due to the familiarity I had that made me want to look elsewhere. Simply put, I didn't want to be kept within a small world of our own. It would have built a stronger friendship between us guys, but that would also mean a decreased chance to meet new people and develop into a person I am now.

Posting result was soon released and I was accepted into SP as a Diploma in Biomedical Science student. Enrolment soon followed, as well as Freshmen Orientation Programme AY 06/07. A new chapter, a whole new experience. Never did I expect something good to happen, as from the looks of it, many of us scored pretty well in O Levels and they looked intimidating. What I had expected was a solemn and hardworking class of students, all eager to out-do one another and vie for a place in the Director's list. Then, I regretted for choosing SP as my first choice.

Elsewhere ... The clique people should all be experiencing similar jitters I had. People from Compassvale, Nanyang Girls', Beattie, Fuhua, Tanjong Katong and a few others I can't recall. All with different CCAs and interests, and it was still fascinating how we got together as a clique. You'll soon find out how, and the crazy stuff we did together. I'll try my very best to give a detailed recollection of the past 3 years we had together in SP.

*Hopefully my enthusiasm will not fade after this post and I can complete it when we have finally come to the Grad Day =D.

No comments: