Tuesday, June 03, 2008

So ... Does Apology Help?

I received an apology recently. I'm not going to write what it was about though, but I'm just penning my thoughts.

I felt that at times, apologies were redundant. Whatever was done cannot be undone, and that, is very true. Can I still bring back what I used to have with that apology? Does that make me happier? Doubts.

And now I wonder, is it because that person wanted me to feel better, that's why he/she was making the effort to apologize and also trying to accomodate me a little? If so, please, I need none of those.

Sometimes when we did wrong to others, we should really understand how they feel, and not trying to bury the hatchets with a simple 'I'm sorry'. On the surface, you might have been forgiven; deep down, that scar remains. Talk about understanding and mending.

It's not difficult to apologize at all. It becomes a norm when you do it far too often. Even when you know you did nothing wrong, you want to apologize just so to ward off any possible quarrels and continued cold wars. That was me.

I hope that person will understand what I'm putting forward here. I'm not saying that I've not forgiven him/her; he/she really needs to read me a little deeper to understand truly how much that hurt. A sincere apology perhaps? I can't define that either.

Putting that aside, tomorrow will be our semestral-ly chalet at Costa Sands Downtown. I'm not part of the organising team this time round, and those that helped, you guys are great to make this happen. Haha.

Tomorrow we shall keep the charcoal hot, down the drinks and make merry.

No comments: