Monday, October 20, 2008

Successive Quickie? Maybe A Slow One =D

It was a sloppy update I posted last night. Was too giddy from the cab ride. Don't ask why didn't I sleep since I was not feeling good, I needed my damn hair to dry first. Yes, I don't own a hair-dryer. Haha.

Ever have songs that speak your heart out? Say, I have many. I know the lyrics by heart, and I hum to the tune whenever I am alone - lying on the bed, showering in the bathroom, walking along the pavement, jogging, staring into space, gazing at stars (I don't do this often, actually only seldom, not much stars to see aye?) or just ... singing.

By now many should know the genre of music I listen to. Nope, no house, no trance, no hip-hop, no rap, no hip-hop R&B and no anything-hype. Just jazz, rock - slow, soft, or pop, some everyone-knows-the-lyrics-but-don't-dare-to-admit love songs and oldies.

Different songs for different occasions. It needs to suit the tempo, the atmosphere to create the perfect ambience. You don't listen to love songs while jogging yea? haha.

For me, though I don't play any music instrument, music is an essential. I vent my anger on it, convey message with it and sleep to it. Reminisce the good old times too, listening to those that we used to like in primary school (Westlife? A1? BSB? N'Sync? Ronan Keating? Britney? MJ?) and secondary school (Robbie Williams? Avril Lavigne? McFly? Uncle Kraker? The Calling?).

Recent obsession? Jon Bon Jovi. I know they're an old band, being around the music scene since 1984. They're not like any other rock bands that voice their anger and discontent, but make songs full of meanings and images. Who doesn't sing to 'It's My Life'? Who doesn't know 'Never Say Goodbye'? You might not know the title, but when you hear it, the tune just comes. They make really good songs.

Yes, MCR is still good, but perhaps I'm starting to settle down for more ... old-ish songs? Yes yes, I'm old.

I guess it comes with age, just like the belly and grouch. When you grow older, you prefer the now classics over new releases. They may now seem to lose novelty; at length, they only get better, just like those liquor people keep in the cellar.

Maybe you'll come to a time when you hum ...

When I was young I'd listen to the radio, waiting for my favourite songs.
When they played I'd sing along, it made me smile.
The Carpenters - Yesterday Once More.

Remember when ...

I just called, to say, I love you.
Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You.

How can you forget ...

How deep is your love?
Bee Gees.

And also listening to ...

Every breath you take. Every move you make.
Every bond you break, every pain you stake,
I'll be watching you.
The Police - Every Breath You Take.

Times when ...

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you.
I know you were right, believing for so long.
Air Supply - All Out Of Love.

Of course when this ...

Tall and tan and young and lovely.
The girl from Ipanema goes walking and ...
When she passes each one she passes goes ... ahh~~
Frank Sinatra - Girl From Ipanema.

As years pass ... you see ...

She's got a smile, that it seems to me,
reminds me of childhood memories,
Where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky.
Guns n' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine.

Then the world becomes wonderful again as ...

I see trees of green, red roses too.
I see the bloom, for me and you.
And I think to myself ...
What a wonderful world?
Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World.

Cheers =D.

No comments: