Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Annual Report

One year older, one year stronger, one year wiser =D.

2008 has flown past in rocket-speed, and 2009 is where it's heading. 31st December 2008, time for another annual summary of the entire year.

It wasn't the best year in my life. It started low, and I supposed it's going to end low as well (I'm at home blogging instead of staying out partying). Ok, here's the recap.

From February to April, I had the best experience I ever had till date. 10 Poly students, not really knowing one another well, went on an overseas ITP (more of like an exchange trip to me) at UWA, Perth, Australia. We began like strangers, and ended like a big family. There were times when we had fun, and times when we got ourselves in shit. If not for the other 9, that trip would have been a disaster. Great learning experience, and it made me want to study elsewhere more ... where do I get the money though?

Then we came back on a delayed schedule. Compensation we got, of course.

Following right behind was the start of a new AY, 2008/09. Got to know my FYP supervisor over at SERI, learn more things from school and participate in a few events as well - chalet stayovers, Poly50 with my classmates, Janet's house steamboat & stayovers, AD&D and Class 4E1' 2005 Dinner @ Marche. That's as much as I can remember. Haha.

Taking a look back, it really wasn't a fantastic year. It was a year when I almost choked, gasping for breath; it was all but a few wonderful friends that pulled me up again.

Well ... Looking ahead, I dare not make resolutions. Whatever that should happen, will happen eventually. If I should, I would like to have a really good year. By late February, we would have finished our exams; By late April or early May, we would have graduated; By July or October, a new life begins in the NS. Plans? Earn enough and go on a vacation before enlisting ... Boracay, Phuket or Bali anyone?

To think that I'm ending 2008 like that kind of dampens my spirits, but I guess it's not a bad idea to sleep it off and wake up to a new year, fresh. Self-consolation, it is =D.

Wish all people I know a great 2009 ahead!

No comments: